Animals of the Masai Mara
Adam Scott Kennedy & Vicki Kennedy
Paper | October 2012 | $27.95 / £17.95 | ISBN: 9780691156019?144 pp. | 6 x 8 | 140+ color photos
One of the greatest attractions of a trip to Kenya is the chance to see animals such as lions, cheetah, leopards, zebra, and giraffe up close and in their natural habitats. Animals of the Masai Mara is a lavish photographic guide that explores the charismatic wildlife most likely to be encountered by a safari visitor to the Masai Mara National Reserve in southwest Kenya. More than 160 stunning photographs showcase 65 mammals and 17 reptile species, including 6 snakes. Designed to be informative and locally accurate, rather than purely identification-based, this easy-to-use book pays particular attention to wildlife behavior and is written from the firsthand experiences of the authors and the knowledge of local safari guides. Numerous “Top Tips” throughout show readers how and where to locate specific species. The only field guide to focus solely on the wildlife of the Masai Mara National Reserve, Animals of the Masai Mara will be indispensable to visitors to this famous park and all nature enthusiasts with an interest in this area of the world.
- The only photographic guide specific to the animals of the Masai Mara National Reserve
- More than 140 remarkable photographs covering 65 mammals and 17 reptile species, including 6 snakes
- Accessible text explores animal behavior and other interesting facts
- A brief and informative introduction to the habitats of the Masai Mara
Download your Animals of the Masai Mara Check List here.
Adam Scott Kennedy
Paper | September 2012 | $27.95 / £17.95 | ISBN: 9780691155944
176 pp. | 6 x 8 | 300+ color photos
Birds of the Masai Mara is a remarkably beautiful photographic guide featuring the bird species likely to be encountered by visitors to the popular Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. With an eye-catching layout, easy-to-use format, and no-jargon approach, the book contains more than 300 stunning photographs covering over 200 species of birds and is accessible and informative, rather than purely identification-based. A handy, brief introduction provides visitors with background on the habitats of the national park, and the guide’s habitat-based approach makes it simple to identify any bird species according to where it is found. Based on the firsthand experiences of the author, Birds of the Masai Mara is an ideal companion to all those visiting the national reserve and to bird aficionados interested in learning more about the region.
- The only photographic guide to focus solely on the bird species of the Masai Mara National Reserve
- More than 300 remarkable photographs covering over 200 species
- Accessible text explores bird species behavior and species etymology
- A brief and handy introduction examines the habitats of the Masai Mara
- Easy-to-use habitat-based layout makes exciting birdwatching easy
Download your Birds of the Masai Mara Check List here.
Both books are available for order from rawnaturephoto please contact us.